Last updated on 23rd November, 2023 at 02:57 pm
Heads Up: For the sake of transparency, this post might contain affiliate links. If a sale is made, I will receive a small commission (at no additional charge for you), which helps keep the lights on and helps feed my cats. Please read our disclosure policy for more information.
I know it is still November, but… It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…
Caught you singing, didn’t I? Lol…
So, you are here wondering how to deck the halls and your bank account at the same time? I get it.
The struggle to find the perfect Christmas crafts to sell is real. It felt like you’re stuck in a snow globe, shaking things up but the profits aren’t falling like festive snowflakes.
Surrounded by glue guns and glitter, desperately searching for that crafty jackpot that will jingle all the way to the bank.
Frustration creeping in like a sneaky Grinch stealing your joy.
- 20 Christmas Crafts to Sell
- 1. Merry Mint Bath Salts
- 2. Christmas Reed Diffusers
- 3. Painted Mason Jars
- 4. DIY Winter Checkers Game
- 5. Hot Chocolate Stirrers
- 6. Easy Macrame Christmas Tree Ornaments
- 7. Rudolph Hot Cocoa
- 8. Snowman Wood Chip Ornament
- 9. Scented Candles
- 10. Upcycled Tin Cans
- 11. DIY Dollar Tree Lantern
- 12. DIY Wreaths
- 13. Handmade Christmas Cards
- 14. Pot Holders
- 15. Cork Reindeer Ornaments
- 16. Quirky Sock Snowmen
- 17. Fabric Scrap Gnomes
- 18. Upcycled Book Page Art
- 19. DIY Paint Swirl Ornament
- 20. Cat-themed Paw Print Ornaments
- Final Say – Christmas Crafts to Sell
You might be thinking, “Do people even buy handmade stuff anymore, or am I just stuck with a pile of ornaments and a dream?”
Hold onto your Santa hat because I’ve got news for you.
Christmas crafts to sell aren’t just a holiday mirage. They’re your ticket to festive financial freedom.
Feeling the pressure? Take a breath.
Whether you’re looking for easy and fun projects or more advanced crafts, this list has something for everyone.
Here are some related posts you might find interesting:
20 Christmas Crafts to Sell
Ready to unwrap the secrets? Let’s deck the halls and make merry profits together. Ready, set, ho-ho-hustle!
1. Merry Mint Bath Salts
Indulge in the refreshing and relaxing aroma of peppermint with this homemade Merry Mint Bath Salt. These luxurious bath salts are the perfect treat for yourself or a thoughtful gift for loved ones.
Packed with the soothing properties of Epsom salt and the invigorating scent of peppermint, these bath salts create a spa-like experience in the comfort of your own home.
To make these Merry Mint Bath Salts, you’ll need:
- Epsom salt
- Peppermint essential oil
- Green food coloring (optional)
- Airtight jars or containers
Here’s a quick and easy recipe to create your own Merry Mint Bath Salts:
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of Epsom salt and 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil.
- Add 10-15 drops of minty essential oils, depending on how strong you want the scent to be.
- Mix everything together until well combined.
- Transfer the bath salts to a glass jar or container and seal tightly.
- To use, simply add a few tablespoons of the Merry Mint Bath Salts to your bathwater and enjoy a relaxing soak.
These bath salts also make great gifts. Just package them in a decorative jar, tie a ribbon around the lid, and add a personalized tag.
Your friends and family will appreciate the thoughtfulness and the opportunity to pamper themselves with a luxurious bath.
Why Merry Mint Bath Salts are a popular item to sell?
There’s a growing demand for self-care products, especially during the holiday season. Many people are looking for ways to relax and pamper themselves, and bath products like these Merry Mint Bath Salts fit the bill perfectly.
The enticing scent of peppermint and the soothing properties of Epsom salt make these bath salts a must-have for anyone seeking a little indulgence.
Plus, with their affordable ingredients and simple recipe, you can create these bath salts in bulk and maximize your profits.
2. Christmas Reed Diffusers
These homemade diffusers are not only a popular item to sell, but they also make for a wonderful addition to any space.
Reed diffusers are a great alternative to candles, providing a continuous release of fragrance without the need for an open flame.
To make your own Christmas reed diffusers, you’ll need:
- A glass orb bottle with a narrow neck
- Reed sticks
- Carrier oil
- Essential oils in festive scents such as pine, cinnamon, or peppermint.
Here’s the step-by-step guide on how to make a reed diffuser:
- Simply fill the glass bottles with the essential oils of your choice
- Add a few drops of essential oils to the carrier oil and give it a gentle stir
- Insert the reed sticks into the bottle, allowing them to soak up the scented oil.
- Customize the diffusers by adding decorative accents such as ribbons or holiday-themed charms for an extra festive touch (optional)
Turning these crafty diffusers into cash isn’t just a side hustle, but they also make perfect gifts for friends and family.
3. Painted Mason Jars
If you’re looking for versatile and easy Christmas crafts to make and sell, look no further than painted mason jars.
These simple yet stylish jars can be transformed into beautiful pieces that can be used as flower vases, candle holders, or even storage containers.
With just a few supplies and a little creativity, you can create unique and personalized home decor accents that will impress your guests.
Transforming Mason Jars
To get started, you’ll need some mason jars in various sizes, acrylic paint in your desired colors, paintbrushes, and a sealant to protect the finished product.
Begin by cleaning the jars thoroughly and allowing them to dry completely. Once dry, apply a base coat of paint to each jar, using long, even strokes.
You can choose a single color or experiment with multiple colors for a vibrant look. Allow the base coat to dry before adding any additional designs or patterns.
Personalizing Your Designs
The beauty of painted mason jars lies in their versatility and customization. Once the base coat is dry, you can let your creativity run wild.
Paint stripes, polka dots, or intricate designs on the jars using contrasting colors. You can also add a distressed look by lightly sanding the jars after the paint has dried, giving them a vintage, shabby-chic appearance.
Use stencils or freehand techniques to create unique patterns or monograms. The possibilities are endless, and you can tailor the designs to match your existing home decor or the theme of a special occasion.
Using Painted Mason Jars
Once your painted mason jars are complete and the paint has dried, you can start incorporating them into your home decor.
Fill them with fresh flowers for a stunning centerpiece or use them to hold utensils and kitchen gadgets on your countertop.
You can also place battery-operated candles inside the jars to create a warm and cozy ambiance.
These versatile jars can even be used in outdoor spaces, such as hanging them from tree branches as lanterns or using them as planters for small herbs or succulents.
How to Sell Your Painted Mason Jars:
- Create an online store or use an existing e-commerce platform to showcase and sell your painted mason jars.
- Take high-quality photographs of your creations to attract potential buyers.
- Promote your products on social media platforms and engage with your audience through captivating posts and stories.
- Participate in local craft fairs or markets to reach a wider customer base.
- Offer customization options and create seasonal designs to cater to different preferences and occasions.
4. DIY Winter Checkers Game
Why not try creating a DIY winter checkers game? This handmade game is a popular item that appeals to both children and adults, making it a great choice for Christmas crafts to sell.
To create your DIY Winter Checkers Game, you’ll need a few simple materials. Start by repurposing a wooden tier or a small wooden board as your game board.
Next, cut out circles from green felt to serve as your checkers. You can draw fun designs on them, such as reindeer or Christmas trees, to give them a festive touch.
Why Sell DIY Winter Checkers Game?
There are several reasons why the DIY winter checkers game is a great choice for a Christmas craft to sell.
- Easy to make
- Appeals to a wide range of ages
- Offers a unique and handmade alternative
- Potential for customization in color and design
- Can be packaged attractively for gifting
5. Hot Chocolate Stirrers
Another delightful and delicious Christmas craft to sell is hot chocolate stirrers. These tasty treats are a perfect combination of indulgence and creativity.
By dipping wooden stirrers or spoons in melted chocolate and adding a variety of toppings, you can create a delightful hot chocolate experience.
Offer your customers a range of options, from classic milk chocolate with marshmallows to decadent dark chocolate with crushed peppermint candy.
You can also get creative with different flavors like caramel, white chocolate, or even salted caramel. The possibilities are endless, and the appeal of these hot chocolate stirrers is undeniable.
When packaging your hot chocolate stirrers, consider using clear cellophane bags tied with festive ribbons or placing them in decorative mugs or jars. This not only protects the stirrers but also adds to the overall presentation and giftability.
6. Easy Macrame Christmas Tree Ornaments
Macrame crafts have made a big comeback recently. These handmade ornaments are not only a joy to create but also a popular item to sell during the holiday season.
With just a few materials and some basic macrame knots, you can create stunning and unique ornaments that will add a touch of boho charm to any Christmas tree.
To make these ornaments, you’ll need white cotton wool and floral wire. Start by cutting several lengths of cotton wool, about 12 inches each.
Fold each piece in half and place the folded end over the floral wire. Take the loose ends of the cotton wool and pass them through the folded end, creating a simple knot around the wire.
Repeat this process with multiple strands of cotton wool until the wire is densely covered.
Once you’ve covered the wire with the cotton wool, trim the ends to create a neat and even shape. You can leave the ends straight or create a triangle shape for a more traditional tree ornament look.
Attach a loop of string or ribbon to the top of the macrame ornament for easy hanging on the Christmas tree.
7. Rudolph Hot Cocoa
Who doesn’t love a warm and delicious cup of hot cocoa during the holiday season? It’s a classic treat that brings joy and comfort to both kids and adults alike.
But why not take your hot cocoa game to the next level with a fun and festive twist? Introducing Rudolph Hot Cocoa. This adorable and tasty concoction is sure to delight your taste buds and bring a smile to your face.
To create Rudolph Hot Cocoa, start by assembling all the necessary ingredients. You’ll need:
- A hot chocolate mix
- Mini marshmallows
- Crushed candy canes
- A cute Rudolph-themed mug
Layer the ingredients in the mug, starting with the hot chocolate mix, then add the marshmallows and crushed candy canes on top. Seal the mug with a lid or plastic wrap to keep everything fresh and secure.
These pre-made mugs of Rudolph Hot Cocoa are not only visually appealing, but they also make it convenient for customers to enjoy a cozy cup of hot chocolate without the hassle of measuring out ingredients.
You can even customize the mugs by adding a festive ribbon or tag with instructions on how to prepare the hot cocoa.
With their eye-catching design and delicious contents, Rudolph Hot Cocoa mugs are sure to fly off the shelves this holiday season.
8. Snowman Wood Chip Ornament
One of the charming Christmas crafts to sell this holiday season is the Snowman Wood Chip Ornament. These adorable ornaments are made using wood slices and can also be used as coasters.
The rustic appeal and festive design make them a hit with customers looking for unique and festive decorations to add to their holiday collection.
To create these delightful ornaments, start by gathering wood slices or wood chips of various sizes. You can either purchase pre-cut wood slices or cut them yourself from fallen branches.
Next, paint the wood slices with white acrylic paint to resemble snow. You can also distress the edges with sandpaper to give them a rustic look.
Once the paint is dry, it’s time to bring the snowman to life! Use black paint or a permanent marker to draw eyes, a mouth, and buttons on the wood slice.
Then, add a carrot-shaped nose using orange paint or a marker. Complete the snowman’s look by drawing a top hat or adding a small fabric hat to the wood slice.
These adorable snowman wood chip ornaments can be sold individually or as a set. Package them in clear plastic bags or small gift boxes with festive ribbons for an attractive presentation.
They make perfect gifts and are sure to bring a smile to anyone’s face during the holiday season.
9. Scented Candles
When it comes to creating a cozy and inviting atmosphere, scented candles are a go-to choice for many people.
Not only do they fill the room with a soothing fragrance, but they also add a warm and flickering glow that instantly creates a calming ambiance.
Making your own scented candles is easier than you might think, and it allows you to customize the scent, color, and style to suit your preferences.
To start your DIY candle-making journey, you’ll need a few basic supplies:
- Fragrance oils
Once you’ve gathered your materials:
- Melt the wax in a double boiler
- Add the fragrance oil of your choice
- Stir well to ensure the fragrance is evenly distributed throughout the wax
- Next, secure the wick at the bottom of your chosen container
- Pour the melted wax into it
- Allow the candle to cool and set for a few hours before trimming the wick to the desired length
Scented candles make for excellent holiday gifts or home decor items. People love the cozy and inviting atmosphere that candles create, especially during the Christmas season.
So, get creative with your scents and designs, and let the warm glow of your homemade candles attract customers and make merry profits.
10. Upcycled Tin Cans
When it comes to creating unique and eco-friendly crafts, upcycling tin cans is a fantastic option.
Not only does it give new life to ordinary household items, but it also allows you to unleash your creativity and make something beautiful out of materials that would otherwise be discarded.
Whether you’re a seasoned crafter or just starting out, tin can crafts are a fun and rewarding project to tackle.
The possibilities for upcycled tin can crafts are endless. Here are a few ideas to get you inspired:
- Paint the tin cans with your desired colors and patterns to match your aesthetic.
- Let the paint dry completely before adding any additional decorations.
- Once dry, you can personalize the pen holders by adding stickers, ribbons, or even using stencils to paint names or designs.
- Place the pen holders on your desk or gift them to friends and family.
Tin Can Planters
- Paint the tin cans in colors that complement your home decor or the type of plants you plan to place in them.
- Punch drainage holes in the bottom of the cans to ensure proper water flow.
- Fill the cans with potting soil and plant your favorite flowers or herbs.
- Arrange the tin can planters in your garden or create a vertical garden by hanging them on a wall.
Tin Can Lanterns
- Paint the tin cans with metallic or glow-in-the-dark paints for a whimsical touch.
- Create patterns or punch holes in the cans with a hammer and nail to allow light to shine through.
- Place tealight candles or battery-operated LED lights inside the cans.
- Hang the tin can lanterns in your backyard or use them as centerpieces for outdoor gatherings.
11. DIY Dollar Tree Lantern
I recently discovered a fantastic DIY project that is not only budget-friendly but also adds a touch of elegance to Christmas decorations. It’s the DIY Dollar Tree Lantern.
With just a few inexpensive supplies from the dollar store, you can create a stunning lantern that adds a cozy glow to any home.
What I love about this craft is that it is incredibly easy to make. It’s also a popular item that will appeal to customers looking for unique and affordable holiday decorations.
All you need are some dollar store supplies, such as a glass candle holder, a small LED candle, and a few faux greenery stems. With just a few simple steps, you can transform these basic materials into a stunning lantern.
Here’s how to make your own DIY Dollar Tree Lantern:
- Start by removing any labels or stickers from the glass candle holder.
- Place the small LED candle inside the glass candle holder.
- Add the faux greenery stems around the base of the candle holder, securing them with a hot glue gun.
- Your DIY Dollar Tree Lantern is now complete! Simply switch on the LED candle and enjoy the warm glow of your beautiful creation.
So, if you’re ready to turn your festive creativity into cash, the DIY Dollar Tree Lantern is the perfect DIY Christmas craft to sell this holiday season.
With its budget-friendly supplies and beautiful results, it’s sure to be a hit with customers looking for affordable and charming decorations.
12. DIY Wreaths
Whether you’re looking for something traditional or more modern, there’s a wreath here for everyone.
And the best part? You can make them all yourself with just a few supplies and a little bit of time.
One of my favorite things about making these DIY wreaths is that they can be customized to match your holiday decor. Love a rustic look? Try incorporating some burlap into your wreath.
Or, if you prefer a more polished look, opt for some shimmery ribbon or even some fake snow.
Here are a few ideas for DIY wreaths:
- DIY Greenery Wreath – This classic wreath is so easy to make and can be customized to match any holiday decor.
- DIY Ribbon Wreath – This beautiful wreath is perfect for those who prefer a more polished look.
- DIY Burlap Wreath – The epitome of country-chic Christmas elegance.
- DIY Snowy Wreath – An absolute dream for anyone longing for the magic of a white Christmas
13. Handmade Christmas Cards
If you are looking for unique and thoughtful Christmas crafts to sell away, homemade Christmas cards are a great option. Not only are they personal and heartfelt, but they also show that you put in some extra effort to make something special.
And who knows, with a little bit of creativity and practice, you might even be able to turn your card-making into a fun and profitable side hustle.
To get you started, I’ve rounded up some of my favorite DIY Christmas card ideas. From simple and elegant designs to playful and festive creations, there’s sure to be a card (or two, or three!) that catches your eye:
- Enhance store-bought cards by adding strips of patterned paper for a personalized touch.
- Get crafty by creating your own patterned paper using rubber stamps for unique backgrounds and embellishments.
- Infuse a personal touch by incorporating photos, whether it’s a family snapshot, a holiday celebration, or your pet donning a Santa hat.
One of the best things about making your own cards is that you can really let your personality shine through. So have fun with it!
14. Pot Holders
There are so many different ways to make pot holders. You can go the traditional route and use fabric and batting. Or you can get a little more creative and use rice, beans, or even old towels.
No matter what method you choose, pot holders are a great way to add a personal touch to your kitchen. They also make great gifts.
If you’re looking for some Christmas crafts to sell, here are a few pot holders ideas:
- Use fabric scraps to make patchwork pot holders. This is a great way to use up those fabric scraps that are taking up space in your sewing room.
- Repurpose old towels into pot holders by cutting and sewing squares.
- Craft rice-filled pot holders for microwave use by sewing two fabric pieces together.
- Upcycle old jeans into pot holders by cutting and sewing squares.
- Make bean-filled pot holders for microwave safety by sewing two fabric pieces together.
15. Cork Reindeer Ornaments
Looking for fun and unique DIY Christmas crafts to sell this holiday season? Check out these adorable cork reindeer ornaments. They’re super easy to make, and they make great gifts or decorations to sell at craft fairs.
To make these ornaments, you’ll need:
You can find all of these materials at your local craft store. Start by cutting the cork into thin slices. Then, use the glue to attach the slices to the wire reindeer frame. Once the glue is dry, paint your reindeer however you like.
These ornaments are so cute and easy to make, anyone can do it. They make great gifts for friends and family, or you can sell them at craft fairs.
Give these cork reindeer ornaments a try.
16. Quirky Sock Snowmen
Why not try making your own sock snowmen? This is a great DIY project that adults and kids alike will enjoy. Not only are these little guys cute, but they’re also relatively easy and inexpensive to make.
To get started, you’ll need to gather a few supplies. For each snowman, you’ll need two socks (one white and one colored), stuffing, buttons, a black Sharpie, and some sort of hat.
You can get as creative as you want with the hats, using anything from beanies to old winter hats to cowboy hats.
Once you have your supplies, follow these simple steps:
- Start by stuffing the socks with the stuffing. You want to stuff them pretty full so that the snowman will be nice and plump.
- Once the socks are stuffed, tie them off at the top to close them up.
- Next, use the Sharpie to draw on a face. This is where you can really get creative!
- Once the face is done, it’s time to add the buttons. You can use as many or as few as you want.
- Lastly, put the hat on top, and voila! You’ve got yourself a quirky little sock snowman.
If you’re feeling really ambitious, you could even make a whole bunch of them and sell them at a craft fair or holiday market.
Whatever you do with them, just have fun and enjoy the process of bringing them to life.
17. Fabric Scrap Gnomes
Christmas is a time for family, friends, and crafting. If you’re looking for some fun Christmas crafts to make and sell, look no further than these fabric scrap gnomes. They’re simple to make, and so cute you’ll want to keep them all for yourself!
To make these gnomes, you’ll need:
- Fabric scraps in assorted colors and patterns
- A hot glue gun
- A styrofoam cone
- A small pom pom (for the nose)
- A bit of yarn (for the hat)
First, start by cutting your fabric scraps into 2″ strips. You’ll need about 30 strips for each gnome.
Once you have all your strips cut, start hot gluing them around the styrofoam cone. Start at the bottom and work your way up, overlapping the fabric as you go.
When you get to the top of the cone, create a little “bun” with the fabric and hot glue it in place. This will be the base for the gnome’s hat.
To make the hat, simply wrap the yarn around the “bun” several times, and tie it off. Trim the excess yarn, and glue on a small pom pom for the nose.
These fabric scrap gnomes are so much fun to make, and they make great Christmas crafts to sell.
18. Upcycled Book Page Art
Are you looking for some interesting and unique Christmas crafts for adults to make and sell? If so, you may want to consider upcycled book page art. This type of art is created by repurposing old books or other paper products that would otherwise be thrown away.
Not only is upcycled book page art eco-friendly, but it can also be quite beautiful and eye-catching. There are many different ways to create this type of art, so you can really let your imagination run wild.
One popular way to create upcycled book page art is to turn the pages into decorative wreaths.
You can simply glue the pages together in a circular shape and then add some festive embellishments. This is a great craft to sell at holiday markets or online.
Another popular way to upcycle book pages is to create wall art. You can frame a few pages and create a colorful and unique piece of art for your home. This is also a great gift idea for friends and family.
No matter how you choose to upcycle book pages, you’re sure to end up with a one-of-a-kind creation that will bring you joy for years to come.
19. DIY Paint Swirl Ornament
One of the easiest and most eye-catching Christmas crafts to sell is the DIY Paint Swirl Ornament. These stunning ornaments are made by swirling paint inside glass ornaments, creating a beautiful and unique design.
The best part? They are incredibly easy and inexpensive to make, making them a popular choice for both crafters and customers.
To create a DIY Paint Swirl Ornament, you will need a few simple materials. Start with clear glass ornaments, which can be found at most craft stores.
You’ll also need metallic acrylic paint in your desired colors and paper towels. Optional materials include glitter or other embellishments to add extra sparkle to your ornaments.
- Gently remove the metal cap from the top of the glass ornament.
- Squeeze a small amount of metallic acrylic paint into the ornament. You can use one color or multiple colors for a more vibrant effect.
- Swirl the paint around inside the ornament by gently rotating it. Tilt the ornament and let the paint flow, creating unique patterns and designs.
- Place the ornament upside down on a paper towel to drain any excess paint. Allow it to dry completely before replacing the metal cap.
- Optional: Add glitter or other embellishments to the ornament while the paint is still wet to create a more festive look.
Tips for Selling DIY Paint Swirl Ornaments:
- Create a variety of color combinations to appeal to different tastes and decor styles.
- Package the ornaments in attractive gift boxes or organza bags to enhance their perceived value.
- Showcase the ornaments in well-lit and visually appealing displays to attract customers’ attention.
- Offer personalized options by adding names or messages to the ornaments using paint pens or vinyl decals.
20. Cat-themed Paw Print Ornaments
Elevate your holiday decor with these charming Christmas Crafts to Sell that showcase the adorable essence of your feline friend.
Craft personalized ornaments starring your cat’s paw prints, adding a one-of-a-kind and heartwarming touch to your festive creations. Wondering how it’s done? Dive into the delightful process below.
- Air-dry clay or salt dough
- Cat-safe, washable paint in various colors
- Small ribbon or twine
- Clear sealant spray (optional)
- Roll out the air-dry clay or salt dough to a thickness of about 1/4 inch.
- Gently press your cat’s paw into the clay to create a paw print. You can also use a paw-shaped cookie cutter if your cat is not cooperative.
- Use a straw to create a small hole at the top of the ornament for threading the ribbon later.
- Let the clay or salt dough dry completely according to the product instructions.
- Once dry, paint the paw print with cat-safe paint. You can add additional decorations like small dots to represent Christmas lights or a bow on the paw.
- Allow the paint to dry completely.
- If desired, spray the ornaments with a clear sealant to protect the paint.
- Thread a ribbon or twine through the hole at the top of the ornament and tie a knot for hanging.
Final Say – Christmas Crafts to Sell
Your holiday season is about to get merrier, and your wallet, too.
Whether you’re into felted wool Christmas trees, personalized wooden ornaments, or even the adventurous sock snowmen (because, let’s face it, who wouldn’t want a snowman made from mismatched socks?), there’s a crafty venture waiting for you.
Now, I won’t promise you’ll become the next holiday craft tycoon overnight, but I can promise you this: the joy of creating something with your own hands and then watching it find a new home is priceless.
So, what are you waiting for? Grab your crafting supplies, and let the yuletide creativity flow. Who knows, you might just craft your way to a ho-ho-whole lot of jingle in your pocket.
Happy crafting, and may your Christmas Crafts to Sell bring you joy, laughter, and maybe even a few extra presents under your own tree.
Loved what you read? Spread the joy by sharing this post, and follow me on Pinterest! Cause if you don’t, I might just come and steal your cat! ????